To whom do these measures apply
The following measures are enforced on a global, national and local level to ensure our individual and collective protection from the new SARS-Cov-2 coronavirus, and to prevent its propagation. They concern and apply to all persons currently on Sifnos, without any exceptions whatsoever, and regardless of age, nationality and background. We are all responsible for respecting and complying with all measures and directions, strictly and fully, in order to contain the spread of the virus and minimise the risk of serious cases and the loss of life.
DIRECTIONS FOR ALL NEW ARRIVALS – COMPULSORY 14-DAY QUARANTINE
Immediately upon arrival to Sifnos, and whether you are a permanent resident or a visitor from Greece or abroad, you are required to go into quarantine for 14 days, from the date of your arrival. Quarantine means remaining at home, in isolation, for the entire 14-day period, regardless of whether or not you are displaying symptoms of respiratory infection (given the fact that many carriers of the virus are either entirely asymptomatic or experience very mild, negligible symptoms, while being, nonetheless, highly contagious.)
During your quarantine, you are strictly forbidden from leaving the house for any reason whatsoever. If you require provisions of food, medicine or other necessities, you may contact the local supermarkets and pharmacies directly, to arrange for delivery at home. If you share the house with others, and especially if they are members of a vulnerable group, such as the elderly, or persons of any age who are immune compromised or suffer from chronic underlying conditions (diabetes melitus, cardiovascular and chronic respiratory conditions, arterial hypertension, etc), you must remain in isolation in a separate, well-ventilated room, and receive no visitors whatsoever.
WHAT WE MUST ALL DO
- We must all maintain a safe distance of at least 2 metres from our fellow citizens at all times, in both indoor (i.e. supermarkets) and outdoor spaces, as well as complying with any additional measures in force in each individual space (i.e. only two persons at a time within the pharmacy, etc).
- We must wash our hands regularly, carefully and at length with water and soap, or an alcoholic disinfectant solution, and avoid touching our faces (eyes, nose, mouth).
- When coughing or sneezing, we must cover our mouths with a tissue, which we dispose of safely in the trash immediately after. If no tissues our available, we must cover our mouths with the inside of our elbows.
- In the event that we experience mild symptoms of respiratory infection (coughing, fever, sore throat), we DO NOT visit the Medical Centre. We contact the medical team by telephone (2284031315) and remain at home, in total isolation, keeping a close eye on the development of our symptoms.
- If our symptoms worsen or escalate (shortness of breath, high, persistent fever, chest pain) or if we belong to one of the vulnerable groups (elderly, persons of any age who are immunocompromised or suffer from chronic underlying conditions), we MUST inform our doctor and/or the Sifnos Medical Centre immediately, by telephone.
WHAT WE MUST NOT DO
- We must avoid all contact with persons displaying symptoms of respiratory infection (cough, fever, sore throat).
- Social gatherings and events are strictly forbidden; home visits, congregating in crowded outdoor spaces, and all non-essential movements must be kept to an absolute minimum.
- We must make no contact whatsoever with persons belonging to vulnerable groups. If this is not possible, we must take all possible measures to avoid contamination (regular and careful disinfection of hands, wearing a protective face mask, maintaining a safety distance of at least 2 metres).
DIRECTIONSFOR CHILDREN & TEENAGERS
- Social visits to friends’ homes must be avoidedcompletely, or kept to a minimum.
- On line educational or creative activities are a good way to keep children and teenagers occupied at home.
- Strictly avoid all contact with persons belonging to vulnerable groups.
- Wash hands regularly and carefully with soap and water, or a disinfectant alcohol solution.
- Avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact (handshakes, hugging, kissing).
In case of emergency, please contact
- 6980975514, Deputy Mayor Dimitrios Zampelis
Edited by: Daphne Kapsali